November 16 / 2:30-3:30pm / UC 310
With a little bit of work can come big gains. Academic planning does not have to be a daunting task. It really comes down to knowing your interests and goals and what tools to use to help you map out your time at UMBC.
Whether you have selected your major or not, every student can benefit from planning beyond just the next semester!
Join us for this interactive workshop lead by OAPA’s Deanna Cerquetti on the benefits of long-term academic planning and how to get started.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- reflect on your interests, strengths and weaknesses
- reflect on your graduation timeline
- Gain confidence and have the tools to take ownership of your academic path at UMBC
You may be interested in this program if…
- you are a freshman or sophomore who wants to start planning out future semesters, but don’t know how to get started
- you are a junior or senior who wants tips for planning out the remainder of your degree requirements
- you are interested in adding a second major/minor/certificate or study abroad to your academic plan, but are unsure if you can fit all the requirements in by your expected graduation date
- you would like to learn how to use UMBC’s online degree planning tools