To register for more than 19.5 credits in a fall or spring semester, more than 4.5 credits in a winter session or 8 credits in a single summer session, students must have prior written approval from their advisor and the Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising.
Process for Seeking Excess Credits Permission
- Complete an Excess Credit Form
- Send to your Academic Advisor for electronic signature and approval
- Your Academic Advisor will send the completed form to the Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
- OAPA staff will make a decision within 1-2 weeks and notify you via email whether approved or disapproved.
- If you are requesting excess credits prior to the last day to add classes, our office must receive your completed form at least 24 hours before the posted deadline.