Services We Offer Students
- Academic Advising for students who are exploring majors or are interested in pre-professional programs
- Learn the difference between selecting a major and selecting a career.
- Review of general requirements
- In conjunction with the Degree Audit available to you through myUMBC, advisors can assist you in course selection to ensure appropriate courses are taken.
- Provide assistance to students in academic difficulty
- Advisors can help get to the root cause of your difficulties and help make referrals to campus resources as appropriate.
- Provide outreach and facilitate workshops for exploratory and pre-professional students
- Workshops provide a great way to learn more about your learning style, time management and decision making, as well as helping you make informed choices regarding your professional school selection.
- Review and approve excess credits
- Our advisors work with academically talented students who are interested above the maximum amount of credits in a given semester.
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
To make an appointment with an Academic Advisor, you may use the our appointment links, visit Sherman Hall B-Wing, 2nd Floor, or call (410-455-2729). Students with a declared academic major should first see their departmental advisor for appointments.